Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Television: Heroes

Could Claire really build that rock sign asking saying "Sorry" so quickly? (I believe it read "Sorry," I could be wrong.) It surely looked like a lot of rocks. And where did she find those rocks, anyways?

A minor quibble.

I thought Heroes started out really slow this year, but these last two or three episodes have been rather good.

Here's my question: who is good and who is bad?

Mohinder Suresh. I read this article on either yahoo.com or msn.com that said people who do good in society often have ethical shortfalls, because they attempt to cut corners for the "better good". I wonder if this applies to Suresh. Has he turned to the dark side, because he's sees certain short-term benefits to solving the virus riddle?

West. I have major doubts about this guy. I don't think he's a very good guy. I think he has issues. I dare say he might be a psychopath.

Parkman. Is he another Suresh type, a good guy seduced into short term gains of unethical behavior? Pushing people to do what he wants seems a tad unethical. I know the Jedi did this, but they did this to their enemies, right? I'm not the guru of Star Wars mythology, but I would think that controlling people's minds would be frowned upon unless you were dealing with the enemy. Or maybe he's just playing with his new found powers?

And this brings up the whole X-Files tagline: Trust No One. From the previews, it looks like Hiro and Peter are going to meet up with each having opposing goals. That should be interesting.

Heroes TV ratings have dropped -- though I guess it is doing well in other ratings. I hope the writers strike doesn't kill this show. It is the fault of the producers of this show for allowing it to start out so slowly, but is does feel like they're getting back to where this show was at the beginning of last season. I hope the strike ends soon so that this momentum doesn't die and we end up seeing the last true season of Heroes.

Notes from Vivace

No comments: