Sunday, November 11, 2007

Tamale Festival in Los Angeles

I headed down to the Tamale Festival at MacArthur Park. It was okay. I think there were only 4 stands selling tamales. Also, these four stands seemed to run out of tamales rather quickly. I showed up around 2 p.m. The lines for the food stands were long, like standing in a Disneyland line, but instead waiting for food instead of a ride. I think it took me about thirty minutes to get my one and only tamale. By the time I got to the front of one line, the stand had already run out of one type of tamale. I walked to another stand and it looked like they'd run out of about half of the various tamales. That stand had some fruit filled tamales, but those were gone so I didn't get anything from that stand. I suspect that either more tamales were coming later (since the ads said the tamale festival lasted till 9 p.m.) or a lot of people were going to be disappointed. I half suspect that more people came to the festival than were expected.

It was great weather, the perfect temperature.

I took the red line down. I love taking the metro, but on the way back I was a bit concerned about a couple of the characters on the subway. They were all talking about their gangs and such. I'm not sure if it was just a lot of talk or for real.

I was also approached about five times about buying a fake id. I was amused by this.

Notes from Vivace

No comments: