Sunday, November 18, 2007

Homeless in an RV

I was heading to the Farmers Market and noticed this small, rundown RV parked on the side of the street. Someone had gone to the effort to level it out. Blocks were placed under the tires that were near the curb and the back of the RV was lifted up by a lift jack. I noticed that the windows to the RV were draped. It looked rather familiar and I am sure I've seen it at that same location on previous Sundays. I actually swear I once saw a man speaking through the window to someone in the RV.

So apparently a family is living in this RV in the streets of Los Angeles. I'm actually curious on how they're able to get away with it. I'd think that there are laws against people living on the side of the street. Of course, I think I read somewhere that people park their RVs in Wal-Mart parking lots while on vacation, so maybe there isn't any laws against this just as long as you obey the posted street signs. Either way, it is definitely better to live homeless in an RV versus living homeless on the streets.

Notes from Vivace

No comments: