Sunday, November 25, 2007

Duke Football

Another losing season at 1-11. Ted Roof, the coach, has a record of 6-45. An article on wral.com reports that Roof is done as coach.

I like it when there is some longevity in the coaching spot. I think one of the reasons I love the Pittsburgh Steelers is because they stick with their coaches. So should Roof be let go after going 6-45 over the course of 4 plus years or should the school stick with their coach. I have to say yes. I hope that Duke goes ahead and replaces him. I just don't see how you can stick with a coach that averages less than 2 wins a season. There is the argument that 2008 is really the year for Roof, because this is when his top recruits will be upperclassmen. I find that argument compelling, but I also find the 6-45 record compelling (with only 2 wins in the last 3 seasons), especially for a BSC conference team.

Sometimes you've just got to start over again . . . even though it seems like Duke has started over again many times already.

Notes from Vivace

No comments: