Monday, November 12, 2007

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns

I was so hoping this would be on television out on the West Coast. And so it was. The first half was depressing. I nearly turned off the television. First, Cleveland puts on a good opening drive. Then there is an impressive run back on a kick-off. Then a Big Ben interception. It was 21-9 at half time. I should learn that this team is a bit better than last season's and is able to make up these sort of deficits. The Steelers mounted their comeback and even after a touchdown by Cleveland's Cribbs I had gotten the feeling that the Steelers would win the game.

I'm not sure if the Steelers are good enough to beat the Patriots, but this is a solid team. I feel like this is a team that doesn't have to jump ahead and then play the ground game to win. This is actually a team that can fall behind and then rally behind Big Ben to get them back into the game. That is such a great feeling to have. I mean, this must be how it feels to be a Patriots or Colts fan, knowing that being down by a couple touchdowns early in the game doesn't indicate that the game is likely over.

No comments: