Friday, November 2, 2007

A Dream

I’m talking to a co-worker who’s scheduled a meeting and I say something like, “You’ve got to stop setting up these constant meetings.” And where was this meeting? In Kansas. And where in Kansas? In the Kansas City Royals’ stadium. I doubt that in my dream I actually visualized the correct stadium, but for some reason it was the Royals’. I started walking through the stands and ran into a lady who said with disgust, “In the back, there are stores that cater to those beauty pageants for little kids. I just can’t believe it.” I walked out the doors of the stadium and ended up in front of a hospital and then started heading to the back to see this interested sight that the lady mentioned. I walked into the small passage and on each side of me was stores filled with tiaras and dresses and whatever else is needed for a pageant.

And then I woke up.

I have no clue what that all meant. I sort of understand my co-worker playing a role in this as he always likes to stop by to give updates, even when I’m eating lunch at my desk. But the Kansas City Royals, I haven’t a clue. I don’t even like baseball all that much any more. I only watched about 3 innings of the recent World Series. And the last time I really thought about KC was when George Brett was around (he was KC, right?) And the hospital, I don’t think I know any friends or family that are currently in a hospital. As for the pageant, I was looking through a magazine where the kid actor from Little Miss Sunshine was mentioned briefly so perhaps that is the connection there. It wasn’t necessarily one of those strange outrageous dreams, but it was different.

Notes from Vivace

No comments: