Monday, November 19, 2007

Gossip Girl, like watching Melrose Place

I watch Gossip Girl. I said it. I'm a 30-something year old guy and I watch Gossip Girl and like it. I feel like I'm in a Seinfeld episode admitting I watch Melrose Place. At work, I don't even mention the fact that I watch Gossip Girl. With my friends, I'm more open about it. I will admit I think it is a little over the top, especially the parent/teenager relationships. Can teens really be so wise in making suggestions to their parents? I doubt it. Forget that small qualm that on occasion does irritate me, because I can't help but find the Nate/Jenny friendship fascinating. I hope it grows and then I can't wait until Nate's parents figure it out. They'll flip, of course. I love the friendship between Blair and Serena. I'd love to learn a bit more of the background story of Serena. The early episodes seem to indicate that she was hoping to change her life. I assume this was more than just sleeping with Blair's boyfriend, Nate. What sort of nasty personality did she have before and will it start to come out again?

Back to the real world briefly, I hope that writers strike ends soon, because it would stink not to get a full season of Gossip Girl.

And another thing: Do people really live like this? I guess so, there is always the Paris Hilton's of the world.

Notes from Vivace

No comments: