Monday, October 8, 2007

Pittsburgh Steelers Game 5 2007

I live out on the West Coast. I only see the Pittsburgh Steelers on television. I don't go to a local Steelers' bar and I don't have one of those all access sort of passes on television to watch all the games. So I only see the Steelers a few times a year. On Sunday, the Steelers were on television playing Seattle. Now I knew there were some issues. I knew that both Troy Polamalu and Casey Hampton were sidelined. I knew that Hines Ward was also sidelined. Then I found out that Santonio Holmes was sidelined because of a strained hamstring during pregame warm-ups. (I'm not the biggest expert on football, but that sounds a bit embarrassing.)

I have to admit I was thinking that I was going to be wasting three hours of my morning, because how could the Steelers win. I have such little faith. They won 21-0. It took awhile for the offense to get on track, but the defense held strong for the first half. I believe it was the first score in the second half that was just amazing. Two holding penalties and a sack, and yet Big Ben was able to overcome these setbacks and lead them to a touchdown. Big Ben's performance was so amazing that I just can't figure out how they lost last week to Arizona. I didn't catch that game -- wasn't televised here on the West Coast -- but I just can't see how they lost. How did Big Ben throw two interceptions? His performance against Seattle looked so smooth. He seemed to be in a zone -- even after being sacked, I believe, three times. I don't recall to whom he threw one particular pass -- probably Cedrick Wilson or Nate Washington -- but he just floated it out there twenty yards or so and it landed perfectly into the arms of the wide receiver.

Anyways, a great game to watch. Amazing defensive effort in the first half. Unbelievable ball control in the second half.

Notes from Vivace

No comments: