Saturday, October 13, 2007

Perceptions of a Denny's

A group of us headed to a Denny's late tonight -- Friday night. When I arrived, the first thing I noticed was that none of the parking lights were working. Next, two homeless men came up asking for money. We entered the Denny's and it didn't have the feel of a Denny's. It looked more like Chucky Cheese's Pizza Restaurant than the Denny's that I've eaten at in the past. We huddled for a few moments, wondering if we should just walk out. Were our cars safe? One had two guitars in her back seat. I had a bunch of stuff in my back seat as well.

A number of us just got a bad vibe. Who knows, perhaps it also didn't help that it was raining, giving the night a depressed feel to it. In the end, we decided to stick around, but I suspect we might not be going back for awhile.

Notes from Vivace

No comments: