Wednesday, October 17, 2007

In the Workplace: working the long hours

There are periods of time at work where working long hours are required. My definition of the long hours is starting work at 8 a.m. and ending at 10 p.m. or later. Now, currently, is one of those periods where I've needed to put in the long hours, working as late as 1 a.m. I can usually handle it for a few days, but after awhile my body asks for a rest. I can usually tell that my body wants a rest when I arrive home late and I start to bump into every furniture and doorway in my apartment. It is an amusing process, trying to get from the living room to the bedroom. Actually, sometimes it isn't amusing when your foot bangs against something a little too hard.

I occasionally read about CEO who put in 100 hours a week, week in and week out. I'm not sure how they do this, but congrats to them for having that ability. For me, I'm hoping the long hours end soon.

Notes from Vivace

No comments: