Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Controversy and Pom Poms at The Satellite: Night 2

The Controversy
Lucky for me, February had 5 Mondays. That seems a little strange for such a short month, but it was so. I got to do my normal Monday night residency venue cycle and then add in a repeat venue. My repeat venue was The Satellite where I got to see The Controversy and Pom Poms for a second time.

I arrived at around 9:45 p.m. and ran into a couple friends who were there to see The Controversy, as well.

Pom Poms hit the stage with fans crowding the stage. To me, there were much more folks at The Satellite this Monday night versus my earlier February night. It appears like music fans started to hear about this night of music and began to show up. On stage with the Pom Poms was a dinosaur. It was actually a pinata. At the end of their set, they beat it up and out poured candy.

What I noticed: a Satellite waitress took a look at the candy that was on the floor. I could tell she wanted some, but then she walked away. She came by again. I could see her eyes. She wanted some candy. Finally, on her third pass, she knelt down and grabbed some candy.

The Controversy came up next. Lead singer Laura was dressed in leather. She also ditched her shoes and went bare footed on stage. It is so fun photographing The Controversy, but it was a tough night for me. Red lights flooded downwards. And then the floor lights that The Controversy used were hitting my camera straight on. No matter. The night isn't only about me taking cool photos, it is also about listening to some great music.

What I noticed: One The Controversy fan was head banging the whole set.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

  

No comments: