Monday, March 14, 2016

LP with Chelsea Lankes and Josiah at The Echo

LP
My March residency started out at The Echo. Obviously, driven by LP's residency, but it didn't hurt that Chelsea Lankes was on the bill. It so happened that she was the first one up on stage, which surprised me. I thought for sure she'd be on at 10 p.m. When I first saw her at The Bootleg, she was also first on stage.

Up next came Josiah with Tennessee brilliance. He openly admitted that some of his songs were about pass girlfriends and that one song led to a breakup with his then girlfriend. Hmm, the Taylor Swift of the Los Angeles music scene?

LP was the draw of the night. One person next to me told me that he hadn't been out to see a band in a year. He loved LP and when he heard she was doing the free residency at The Echo he knew he was coming out. Well, it did sound like he had a great time along with everyone else.

Had a brief discussion with a photography for LA Record. It is always nice to talk to fellow photographers.

Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: