Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Dream: Stage Diving, Passenger Seat, Friend

My dream:

I was at a large music festival. A band was playing in front of a relatively large crowd. To end the set, the lead singer leaped into the audience for a stage dive finale. He jumped into the air like he had rockets attached to his shoes. He went flying the distance of a football field, out to the point where the crowd was thinned out. There were only a handful of folks in the area where his dive was ending. A single person who could potentially catch the singer stepped out of the way and bang, the lead singer landed flat on his face -- smack into the asphalt parking lot. My mind screamed, "His face it going to be ruined by all the small asphalt rocks."

I was driving down a steep downward hill. I noticed that behind me was a police car. I then noticed that I was driving the car via the passenger side. Well, I couldn't let the cops see me driving my car in such a strange manner. I un-clipped my seat belt and attempt to slide over to the driver side seat as slyly as possible, hoping the cops wouldn't notice.

I went to visit a teacher-friend of mine at her school. She didn't notice me initially, but when she did she came over. 

She asks, "Are you here to see Adam (name change)?"

Me, "No."

Friend, "He's giving folks their $14,000."

Me, "What?" Why would Adam be handing folks $14,000.

Friend, "Oh . . . " Voice trails off as if remembering, "You weren't included? . . . "

Friend, in an attempt to change the conversation, "Do you know Brenda?"

Me, "Brenda? No."

Friend, "Do you know Monica?" She began to walk away, through a crowd of students, trying to get away from me due to the slight embarrassment of me being left out of this $14,000 payout.

Me, walking after her, "I know a Monica Jackson."

And then I woke up . . . 

No comments: