Friday, March 4, 2016

Blondfire with Bloke and Bird at Harvard and Stone

Blondfire
I was trying to figure out what I was going to do on a Wednesday night as I didn't feel like staying home. I looked around and noticed that Blondfire was playing a free show at Harvard and Stone. The last time I saw Blondfire was in 2012. The last time I went to Harvard and Stone was probably 2014 or early 2015. I decided to head on out.

First up; however, Bloke and Bird. This band comes in from Sweden. The two members of the band, Jennifer Akerman and Lorenzo Jansson Kilman, were doing a simple acoustic set so it is difficult to say what their sound is when they have a backup band. Anyways, while they were on stage, I have to say that I noticed a lot of very attractive people in the audience. Well, I'd learned later that I was within inches of Jennifer's sister who just happens to be Malin Akerman. Yes, she is in Watchmen, but I've also been catching Billions on Showtime.

Blondfire hit the stage next. Lead singer Erica Driscoll was dressed in '80s retro-chic. I loved the rectangular skinny tie. Their music has an innocence to it. I absolutely love their closing song "Where the Kids Are." Admittedly, I haven't seen this band since 2012 so most of their songs are new to me; however, their set was largely dedicated to their upcoming album release. Solid stuff.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: