Saturday, September 19, 2015

A Dream: horse racing in the UK

So I recently got the Santa Anita newsletter. I think that led to the following dream:

I was in the UK, hanging out at the Royal Ascot. I was there to watch American Pharoah racing at Royal Ascot. Part of me wondered why a dirt horse was racing on turf, but whatever, I was there to see him race.

When I got there, I didn't buy the right ticket. They wouldn't let me anywhere near the track. Instead, I had to stand way back in an entrance that led into the track area.

So the race began. Instead of racing on turf, the race was being held on dirt. I was feeling like American Pharoah might win this race. Also, the track oval was like running around a small apartment complex. The horses raced around it over and over again. Two horses were in the lead. One with a jockey and the other horse had lost its jockey. For a few moments, I thought American Pharoah was the horse in the lead, but then I realized he was back a few lengths -- not too far back, but not in front.

Then suddenly all the horses stopped. The jockeys got off their horses. One specific jockey was pointed out. The other jockeys started to beat him up for some offense. Victor Espinoza (American Pharoah's jockey) looked stunned at what was happening. After the jockey was appropriately punished, all the jockeys got back onto their horses. They made sure that the distances between the various horses was approximately the same as before the stop and then off they went again. Soon; however, American Pharoah was pulled off. Victor Espinoza was seen walking off the track with a badly injured knee cap.

I found myself being very disappointed that American Pharoah wasn't going to finish the race.

Then I woke up.


No comments: