Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Hobart W Fink and The Vim Dicta at The Smell

Hobart W Fink
It was time to head to The Smell. I don't often head down that way, but I do enjoy doing so. The traffic going from Glendale to Downtown Los Angeles was jammed. The 110 was backed up. Downtown street traffic was also more crowded than anticipated, but I was able to find parking in my normal location.

First up for me was Hobart W Fink. Their stage show is fun to watch. You have a bassist who can't stand still. You have a guitarist who has the most animated facial expressions. Their music comes to you straight from the house garage. If I heard correctly, the band has had a significant turn-over in members: one original member and two new ones. A lot of their songs on Soundcloud have female vocals. So for the night, they had a guest singer for a couple songs.

The Vim Dicta ended the night for me. I think this band is hard to pin down. You have a female lead singer with deep sexy vocals. You have music where a single song can sound psychedelic one moment and then jazzy the next.  This band will definitely keep your ears waiting for what the next musical note will bring.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com


No comments: