Thursday, April 16, 2015

Odessa and Marz Leon/Jennie Tran at Bootleg HiFi

At the Bootleg HiFi, April belongs to Odessa. I just have to say, can anyone strum guitar strings as sexy as Odessa?  I doubt it.  And her voice, they can calm violent ocean waves.  When she sang, "He’s what I want, he’s what I need, He’s everything in between," I think every guy in the audience swooned.

Comment heard as I was leaving for the night, "She's an angel."

Opening up the night was Marz Leon.  Marz Leon sang in near darkness.  Someone was videotaping her set and I suspect that the light was just too dim for him.  I notice that he asked someone to keep her smartphone light on during the set.  Marz Leon's set was brief and beautiful.  It didn't last more than 15 minutes, leaving one feeling like a tender embrace had ended too soon.

Jennie Tran changed it up after Marz Leon.  The lights turned up and the music went from meditative to the beats.  This is the type of music where you find yourself putting your arms above your head and then let the music control the rest.

Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: