Sunday, April 5, 2015

Maceo Paisley and Zak Waters at The Satellite

It was a fun night at The Satellite a week back.  Maceo Paisley hit the stage first.  I couldn't help but think Bobby McFerrin with a touch of Kirk Franklin.  I loved the rapid fire lyrics that just made you smile.  The red jacket.  The red eye glasses.  The red NC State t-shirt (I think it would have been better if the t-shirt was Duke blue).  All combined made for a fashion standout.

Comment of the set.  Monday's a work night.  Sometimes you need a vacation.

Zak Waters (picture to the left -- I wasn't the only one taking photos of a white screen).  I can't help but think Zak Waters is a quirky kind of guy.  His whole set was played behind a white screen.  Also, before Monday, his Facebook and Soundcloud pages were available.  Now both are unavailable.  Anyways, as I was trying to figure out where I wanted to go on a Monday night, it was his Soundcloud page that convinced me to head out to The Satellite.  His music is so exhilarating.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: