Thursday, March 27, 2014

Car Drivers: What I hate

I've had to do more surface road driving recently than normal.

I'm not saying I'm the best driver around.  I'm not.  I've nearly caused an accident or two or more in my lifetime, but here are some things that just irritate me about other drivers.

1.  The driver who switches lanes, because s/he thinks your lane is faster.  Then s/he realizes it isn't and switches back to their lane within a split second.

2.  The driver who can't decide what to do so drives in the middle of two lanes, causing a nice little traffic jam.

3.  The driver who decides to make a left turn when there isn't a left turn lane.  Now sometimes you need to do this, but specifically the driver who does this when s/he could have used a left turn lane at the previous cross street or could just drive up to the next street which also has a left turn lane.

4.  The driver who thinks cutting into the queue of a left turn lane is perfectly fine when everyone has already had to deal with one red light and are just hoping to make a left turn before having to wait through a second red light.

5.  The driver who decides to make a left turn when signs specifically state you're not to make a left hand turn between the hours of 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. -- and it is only 6:35 p.m. and so it isn't like one of those boarder line situations where perhaps it is 6:57 p.m.


No comments: