Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Santa Anita Park: April 15, 2012

It was off to Santa Anita Park. I took a couple friends who had never gone before. I do believe they had fun. One came out a couple dollars ahead. Another came out $11 down. I came out an amazing plus $0.55. That's right, $0.55. We got into the track for free. As we were entering a guy gave us free passes, which included free entry into the Club House. It was my first time in the Club House. A nice area of the Park.

I came out ahead by only $0.55, but I believe this was the first time I won at least one bet on every race (we came in late, so we missed the first race). If luck had played out a little better, I would have been up significantly more as I picked the correct horses for races 2 and 3 for the trifectas, but the win/place/show didn't cooperate. I did win an exacta in the 8th race, but I only won $2.90. Why so little? The winning horse was expected to win. I believe the final odds came in at like 1/5. And there were only four horses in the race.

A fun day.

Dated Photo
 

No comments: