Sunday, August 14, 2011

Stone Darling and Whispering Pines @ The Satellite

It was off to The Satellite to continue my normal Monday rotation to catch the various residency bands. Up first was Whispering Pines and then it was the residency band, Stone Darling.

Whispering Pines gave an inspiring set.  Someone from the audience yelled out, "Ten more songs."  A person from the band yelled out, "Ten more beers."  The response, "Ten more songs.  I can't drink ten more beers."  I wasn't sure what to expect from Stone Darling.  I had never seen them before and kept on wanting to call them Summer Darling.  I am happy I caught them and quickly "Liked" them on Facebook.  To end their set, Whispering Pines joined them on stage.

Comment:  Ben and Shaun, report to the stage.

Thought on Summer Darling:  I'm sure everyone has a role in a band.  I suspect the drummer is the no-nonsense type when it comes to practice or sets.  I overheard her saying, "Are we playing or what?"   If I had to make a bet on who makes sure things get accomplished, I'd place my bet on her.

Whispering Pines







Stone Darling









No comments: