Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Black Flamingo and Spirit Vine at Pershing Square

It was off to Pershing Square to catch Black Flamingo and Spirit Vine.

I first saw Black Flamingo at Silverlake Jubilee.  I was enchanted and so I, of course, wanted to catch them again.  Pershing Square provided the perfect opportunity -- a lovely summer evening in Los Angeles.  (Between Silverlake Jubilee and Pershing Square, I saw a partial set of theirs at The Satellite.)  I love the vocals.  

Comment:  If you're out there, say "Here."

The headlining band for the night was Spirit Vine.  I've heard of this band, but this was the first time I saw a full set of theirs (I believe this is true -- I might have caught a partial set in the past).  They had folks dancing in front of the stage.  

Noticed:  there were two homeless guys who came up and starting dancing to the music.  Security quickly rushed over and told them to leave.  The homeless guys left, but tried to approach once again.  Security rushed over and one even took out a baton.  The baton wasn't used on the homeless guys, but was pulled for an obvious reason -- to put a little fear into the two guys.  I admit I don't know the history between these two guys and Pershing Square.  Maybe there is a history there, but from my perspective, it seemed over the top.

Black Flamingo







Spirit Vine





No comments: