Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Maxies, Talky Tina and maybe (White Night The Regressions) at Blue Star

I was reading a book when a friend sent a text Saturday evening, asking if I wanted to head over to the Blue Star to catch some bands. Of course . . .

Now I have to admit that I'm not sure about the names of a couple of the bands. I do know that Talky Tina and The Maxies were the 2nd and 3rd bands I saw. As for the first and last bands I saw, maybe White Night and The Regressions.  Talky Tina was trying to figure out the names of the two bands that played before them, but no one in the audience seemed to know.  Oh well.  And the last band didn't introduce themselves -- or I missed it.  Bummer.  If anyone comes across this blog and knows the answer, please let me know.

Talky Tina gave us some love from San Jose.  They joked about the fact that they might have been the oldest band at Blue Star.  The Maxies put on a show with folks spraying silly string all over the stage.  You can see the aftermath below.  It got slippery on stage.  A friend jumped on stage towards the end and immediately slipped -- sheepish embarrassment.  As the next band was getting ready to go on stage, I over-heard someone say, "Good luck with all that."

A great last minute night of music.

White Night






Talky Tina





The Maxies









The Regressions

No comments: