Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Child, Army Navy and Baron Von Luxxury at Three Clubs

Okay, after Pershing Square (previous post), I still hadn't gotten my fill of music. I headed off to Three Clubs to catch Baron Von Luxxury, The Child and Army Navy.

Baron Von Luxxury had his dad in the audience.  He gave us a flamboyant set.  Interesting note:  his new album was going to be titled Women of a Certain Age.  He was informed that this is a trademarked (corrected based on below comment) term.  Strange.  

The Child -- I am definitely falling in love with this band.  They have this cool vibe that surrounds them.  Lead singer Holly Marilyn was trying to get the audience to stand up and dance.  Her attempts didn't work.  Three Club has steps that surround the stage.  Most folks were sitting on those steps, listening to The Child like they were doing an acoustic set.  I'm sure they won't have that problem for long.

Comment:  You were a fun audience, maybe a little boring.  No you weren't.  Yes you were.  No you weren't.  Yes you were.

Army Navy closed out the night.  Not doing any research here, but I believe I last saw Army Navy way back at Silverlake Lounge when they were playing with Local Natives.  That's three plus years ago.  I've always wanted to catch one of their sets again.  They were off the LA circuit for awhile, but I started to notice that they've been playing around town recently.

Comment:  Note to self:  don't write the set list in the same color as the stage lights.

What I need to learn.  The bands were a bit behind the posted times.  Just minutes before The Child was to hit the stage, all their friends seemed to arrive.  How do they know when to show up?  Well, maybe they were just hanging out in the bar . . .

Baron Von Luxxury





The Child







Army Navy