Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Silver Needle at Dragonfly

Went to see Silver Needle at Dragonfly on a Sunday night.

An interesting encounter with the ticket guy occurred that night. I was told it was free before 10 p.m. I got there around 9:45 p.m. and the guy demanded that I pay up. One of my friends said, "We were told it was free before 10 p.m." The guy said, "I didn't hear anything like that." We paid up, but quickly found someone in the band to discuss this issue.

Phone calls were made and the issue about 10 p.m. was cleared up, but . . . when we went to the ticket guy and asked if he'd return our money, his response was, "No, it isn't my money to give back. I can't give a refund."

I was dumbfounded. Clearly I would think this was a matter of fairness. He was unaware that the night was free before 10 p.m. and insisted that we hand over $10. One of the guys in the band called up the owner of the Dragonfly and cleared up the matter. Other people started to file in for free. We go to the ticket guy and ask that he provide us our refund since he was wrong in taking our money. He refuses. Crazy.

Anyways, more e-mails/calls were made to the owner and our money was returned.

As for Silver Needle. A good set, fun times. And a birthday cake.














No comments: