Sunday, November 1, 2009

French Semester and Finn Riggins at Silverlake Lounge

I headed off to Silverlake Lounge on Wednesday to catch French Semester. At the Eagle Rock Music Festival I overheard them as I was heading off to see another band, but decided at that point that I wanted to see them live at another point in time. Well, that point came soon enough with a night at Silverlake Lounge. But I misjudged their start time. They were scheduled for 9:00 p.m., but I figured it’d be a few minutes later. Well, I was wrong. I suspect I missed about 10 minutes of their set.







Next up was a band from Idaho called Finn Riggins. They had an unusual set-up (for me at least) where the drummer was up front and the guitarist was in the back. As they were setting up, I immediately found myself intrigued just by that. Even though they hail from Idaho there were a handful of people who seemed to know the band. I loved their set.











No comments: