Monday, November 2, 2009

New Fidelity, Woolly Bandits and The Dollyrots @ The Roxy

I headed off to The Roxy on Thursday to see three bands: New Fidelity, Woolly Bandits and Dollyrots. I say this was a night of band interaction with the crowd. The New Fidelity started it off towards the end of their set when one of the guys in the band noticed a girl texting away. He jumped off stage, took a peak at her cell phone and started to do some texting himself. The girl found it amusing. Up next were The Woolly Bandits. I saw this band for the first time at the Eagle Rock Music Festival. There was some interaction here as well as the lead singer took off into the crowd twice as well as bringing up a fan onto the stage briefly. The lead singer also brought out an harmonica for a tune. Finally, the Dollyrots had some Halloween candy treats for everyone. To start off the set, Kelly had some difficulties with her bass and had to switch out. They ended their set and walked off stage and everyone just sort of stood around wondering what was going on. Then the Dollyrots quickly re-emerged and Kelly said something like, “I was hoping we could get away without playing that song.” And then they hooked everything back up and went into “Because I’m Awesome.” An over-all great night though a little too late in the night for me.




















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was there. cool night of music!

Notes from Vivace said...

It WAS a cool night of music. I only wish I'd managed to get there thirty minutes earlier so that I could have caught another band. Oh well . . . thanks for the comment.

Notes from Vivace