Thursday, October 1, 2009

Spider Problem and Pu$$y Cow at Redwood Bar

It's been awhile since I last saw Spider Problem. With them playing with Pu$$y Cow, I figured this was the perfect time to catch one of their sets again.

Now to start things off, I'd never been to the Redwood Bar. I wasn't sure where to park. I so happened to park about 1/4 mile away on Spring and 4th. Sort of stunk. I was told you can park in the lots for free after 9 p.m. Oh well.

This was one of those nights where I knew half the people in the bar. I walked in and I knew the very first person I saw.

Pu$$y Cow was the first band up. After the first song, there was a request that everyone step forward a few steps. We all complied, but then I found myself nearly entangled in the microphone wire.





It appeared to me that Spider Problem was a bit delayed on getting started, but when they got on stage they rocked it from the start with lead singer Shayne throwing herself through the audience. In fact, she was so into her set that within a couple songs I couldn't help but notice her left knee was bleeding. Her band mate noticed this a few songs later. They did a final song and ended their set. At least, I think this was the reason for the end of their set or else the set passed really quickly.

I have to say this about Spider Problem: their sets are either brilliant or indicating a tendency towards band implosion. For example, when their set finished, the drummer had a look that either indicated pure exhaustion or extreme anger. I am never sure which option is correct, which is why I love seeing them so much.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.