Monday, October 5, 2009

Football Season: Pittsburgh vs San Diego

The Pittsburgh Steelers vs the San Diego Chargers, 38-28. Okay, I was getting a bit worried after Pittsburgh lost to Cincinnati. And I have to say I was getting a bit disconcerted about the lack of a running game. Come on, Ben’s a good quarterback, but you still need a running game. And then the first quarter arrived and the Steelers just turned in on. Like where did Rashard Mendenhall come from?

First three quarters were just great and then came the collapse of the fourth quarter. I admit that I love the Steelers, but I’m not a fanatic so knowing specific facts about them are my short-fall, but is it my imagination or have the Steelers for the last five years, at least, had serious issues with special teams? The only reason San Diego mounted that come back was because their special teams nearly gave away the game. Yes, the defense crumbled slightly, but when you give a football team hope by turning the ball over twice on the special teams' side, I think you have to feel sympathy for the defense that has to come onto the field after something like that.

Anyways, hopefully the Steelers have found a running game and Troy will hopefully return soon. If those two facts prove true, we’re going to have a nice football season and that Super Bowl hangover will be forgotten.

No comments: