Thursday, October 8, 2009

Best Pupusas in Los Angeles: Hollywood Farmers Market




I first came across pupusas at the Hollywood Farmers Market. My Americanized explanation of what a pupusas is: a pancake stuffed with cheese, beef, beans, etc. Wikipedia describes it more like maize floor dough versus a pancake.

Not only did I first encounter pupusas at the Hollywood Farmers Market, but I also think that this food stand has the best ones out there. I've tried other food stands around Los Angeles and I always think, "Who would like a pupusas if their first encounter was from this food stand?" At some food stands, the pupusas tastes like cardboard.

At the Hollywood Farmers Market, it is just a superior product. How to describe the taste? Well, I'm not a food critic so I'm not going to try and explain the taste. I can only recommend heading out to the Hollywood Farmers Market and spending $2 - $3 on a single pupusas. I think you'll become a convert.

For $2-$3, this food stand also gives you sour cream, cabbage and hot sauce. They used to include a slice of avocado, but stopped that practice a few years back.

Finally, if you're on a budget, this food stand gives you the best bang for your buck at the Hollywood Farmers Market.

No comments: