Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Favorite "Found" Bands in 2014

As I always mention when making these yearly lists, some of these bands/singer songwriters have been around for awhile.  It just so happens that I just ran into them recently.

DWNTWN.  This is a band I ran into on a Monday night at the Bootleg a couple years back.  It wasn't until their Satellite residency earlier this year that I found out that I love this band.

French Style Furs.  Cold War Kids wrapped up in dare I say a cooler sound?

W.A.R.S. Great Northern re-invented and re-launched.  Need I say more?

Dorothy.  Sunset Strip sound turning heads in the East Side music scene.

So Many Wizards.  Here's a band I know has been around for awhile.  I just recently caught them, however.  This band doesn't look like they'd perform dreamy pop, but they do.

Mount Saint.  Just caught this band this December.  Layer upon layer slowly building into a beautiful sound.

HOTT MT Their sound is mysterious.

yoYa. "Am I seeing what I want, or just some fool’s gold?"  Lingering desires.

ZiBBZ.  European influenced thrill sound.

Cillie Barnes.  A friend told me she used to be in Family of the Year.  


No comments: