Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Dream: transformation, violence and a sinking ship

I had just watched Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D's episode 'What They Become,' where Skye transforms into who knows what sort of powerful Marvel character.  No doubt, this impacted my dream that basically made no sense what so ever, but was one interesting dream I have to say.

My dream started with me and a team trying to protect individuals that we know are about to transform into some unknown being.  There is another team that wants to destroy them.  We rush into a house in the middle of the night to protect them.  At the same time, the other team arrives and a fire fight starts.  We tell everyone that we need to leave the house.  Somehow, we lose two of them in the chaos while two others stick with us.

The next morning we go back to the house to see if we can find the two individuals we lost.  We come across a gruesome scene.  Three individuals (somehow the two individuals we lost became three) are burned to a crisp (similar to the ending of 'What They Become').  They are dead.  They are in ages that are suspended above the ground, they're hands handcuffed to the cages.  We're all sick.  Someone mentions that this was the only way to prevent the transformation and so that's why the other team did this gruesome act of violence.

The other team discovers us and we run away and end up on a ship.  It is a military vessel that is about the size of a billionaire's yacht.  The vessel -- perhaps because we're being attacked -- starts to take on water.  We're forced to try and abandon ship, but one of my team members is below deck.  I rush down to try and find him.  The water level is above our knee caps.  He's trying to destroy a bunch of humanoid terminators.  At the same time, a great white shark has gotten into the ship.  We're caught in a room that is quickly flooding so I smash a window.  But we don't exit via the window.  We exit via an open door.  At the same time, my team member fires the perfect show at one of the terminators.  It deactivates all of them.  They immediately fall flat on their backs.  I shoot at the end of the ship and blast a hole through the hull.  The terminators start to float out of the ship and at the same time the shark gets this smile and starts swimming after the terminators.  We rush topside.  Land is just off to the distance.

The ship is sinking fast and so the team makes a decision, we've got to jump ship and swim back to shore.  I yell out, "I can't swim."  My team member that I just helped out, grabs me around the waist.  The ship is sinking fast.  We jump into the water.  As the ship sinks, massive waves develop and we're pushed towards shore as if we're on a water roller coaster.  Our team makes it to shore, happy to have survived.

And then I woke up.

No comments: