Sunday, November 16, 2014

Restaurant Review: Malabar Restaurant (Santa Cruz, CA)

Malabar Restaurant is a Sri Lankan vegetarian restaurant.  I went here two times and tried the Mee Goreng (a noodle dish) and Sri Lankan Curry plates.  The restaurant has a wonderful Asian setting.  I found it a pleasant atmosphere.  I read reviews that pointed negatively to the service, but I was fine with it.  The waiter treated me well.  Now as for the food:  nothing to write home about.  I found the Mee Goreng noodles too slimy (not sure if that is the proper word to use) for me.  I guess I like my noodles a little bit more dry like pad thai noodles.  The curry had me wishing for Indian curry.  I don't know if this review is written more because I enjoy Thai noodle dishes and Indian curry dishes over Sri Lankan dishes or the food just isn't top notch.  I'd give this restaurant's food 3 stars out of 5.

No comments: