Thursday, November 6, 2014

Down and Outlaws/Great White Buffalo/The Diamond Light at The Satellite

I was out of town for ten weeks due to work.  I did return on the weekends so I got to catch the occasional weekend music festival, but this was essentially my first time at a local music venue in a couple months.  Where did I decide to go?  I decided to head off to The Satellite.

Down and Outlaws.  This San Francisco band reminded me of Amnesia, a music venue up there.  The lead vocalist has a distinct pitched sound that gets the crowd dancing.  Of notice, their second to last song was beautifully improvised.  Pure rock.



Great White Buffalo.  Serious smooth rock beats along with earnest vocals had the gals standing right up next to the stage, singing the words to every song.  There was love in those eyes.  There was just this calm confidence throughout the 30 minute set.


The Diamond Light.  This band reminded me of a favorite band, The Lower 48, in terms of fashion.  The three band members came out in custom made suits.  And much like The Lower 48, they wore those suits with flair and tore into rock and roll.  Their sound blasts out like Marty McFly's head turning prom invasion.





No comments: