Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Dream: cast of Modern Family

My dream started with me parking my car in a parking lot.  As I got out, I noticed Sarah Hyland walking past my car.  Somehow we started a conversation and realized we were heading in the same direction.  We decided to walk together.  I couldn't help noticing that she was carrying some bags.   I figured she'd just gotten done shopping.  Then I noticed that whenever she saw a plastic bottle, she'd pick it up and put it into a bag.  Ah, she was picking up recyclables.

We came across this grassy area where plastic bottles were strewn all over the place.  She started to pick them up.  I decided to help.  As I was helping, I noticed that there was a sleeping bag.  And then I noticed a ripped open plastic bag.  The plastic bottles all over the place had come from this bag.  It was apparent that all these plastic bottles were the property of a homeless man who was planning to recycle them for cash.

I told Sarah Hyland that we should leave the area.  Then the homeless man arrived on the scene.  He started to approach us in a menacing manner.  Bang.  A gun shot went off.  Phil Dunphy (Ty Burrell) had come up behind us and noticing that we were under threat and had shot the homeless guy.  So I wasn't talking with "Sarah Hyland," I was talking to Haley Dunphy!!!   I was part of a dark Modern Family episode.

My dream quickly shifted to a confrontation between Phil Dunphy and Jay Pritchett (Ed O'Neill).  Apparently, Phil had to stand trial for the killing of the homeless man.  He had claimed that the homeless man had threatened Haley and me with a knife.  Jay Pritchett was a witness to Phil's actions and personal demeanor (Haley and I couldn't comment on his direct actions as we hadn't see him come over, but Jay had been walking with him).  On the witness stand, Jay refused to state that Phil's reason for firing off his gun was because they had both quickly discussed seeing a knife in the man's hand.  Phil's sentence was four years in prison.  Jay had a nice little twinkle in his eye.  He had finally found a way to get Phil away from his daughter, Claire (Julie Bowen).

Before I woke up from my dream, it shifted.  I left the Modern Family episode.  I was once again out for a walk.  This time, I came across a personal friend.  Our conversation revolved around her childhood horse.


No comments: