Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Raw Geronimo and VUM at HM157

It was off to Lincoln Heights and a place called HM157 to catch VUM and Raw Geronimo.  This was my first time heading over to HM157.  It is a historic house and on this night the bands played out in the back yard.

I only got to catch perhaps 15 minutes of VUM, not cool.  I really do like this band.  Lead singer Jennifer Pearl's voice is hauntingly beautiful.  I'm sure that I could listen to her voice for hours on end.  (I showed up at 11 p.m., which was when I thought VUM was going to start their set, but I have a feeling they started earlier than that.)  Raw Geronimo was showing their music video "Shot on the Spot" and then closed out the night with a set.  The sound was perhaps toned down a bit due to the outdoor venue, but the chanting wonder was still there.  

VUM






Raw Geronimo




No comments: