Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Book Review: Songbook by Nick Hornby

Songbook by Nick Hornby.  So I like the music scene, but Nick Hornby's knowledge of music is way way way more advance than my own.  And except for perhaps a couple songs, a song doesn't immediately pull me back in time -- which is the whole purpose of the book.  I guess perhaps this is why I was just a bit bored reading through Songbook.  I just couldn't relate in full.  I also couldn't relate in full to one of his other books that dealt with futbol/soccer, Fever Pitch.  I don't follow soccer.  I didn't even know about this team called Arsenal.  Anyways, why do I keep reading what I call Nick Hornby's passions books?  A friend bought these two books for me as gifts and so I felt compelled to read them.  It isn't that he isn't a great writer.  It is that I don't really know who Mark Mulcahy is.  I will say, YouTube works wonders.

No comments: