Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Movie Review: In Time

In Time.. Midway through the movie, I was like, I know the waitress. She’s Emma Fitzpatrick from The Mots Nouveaux.

I saw this while on a plane so I couldn’t totally follow everything that was said. Apparently, there is a genetic break through that allows folks to live forever. However, they have to pay for this privilege. Everyone is genetically 25 forever, but there is a clock on their arm which indicates how much time they have left. The world is also set up in zones. Only 2 zones are highlighted in this movie: the poverty zone and the wealthy zone. Zones are walled off and you must run off time to enter a higher zone. A young man (Justin Timberlake) is in the poor zone. He happens to run across someone from the wealthy zone who has given up on life. This man gives the other all his remaining years. Time is tracked and the police know something went down. The chase is on.

It seems like an interesting concept movie though I didn’t get the ending. Why is our couple running at the end of the movie? Maybe I didn’t hear the reason why for that one. Though not brilliant, I think it is better than some of the recent action flicks I’ve seen such as The Gray and Haywire.

No comments: