Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sometimes a morning starts off with complaints (NOT)

In April I wrote a brief rant on a Sunday morning.

Well, here's the opposite.

I was greeted with my normal smile and hello by the juice guy that supplies me with my apple-pomegranate juice.

I was leaving Trader Joe's.  I was using both arms to carry my paper grocery bag (that is, I wasn't just holding onto the bag's handles, but was carrying it by supporting the bottom of the bag).  I was worried that the handles might not hold as it was a bit heavy.  A woman called out to me as I was leaving the store.  I wasn't sure what she said so I looked back into the store, "I didn't hear what you said." She replied, "Your bag is tilted.  Something might fall out."  An act of concern.

I was walking down a street, both arms still carrying the grocery bag (yes, I appreciated the woman's concern, but I was concerned about the handles holding up).  A guy entered an apartment complex and was holding the door open . . . for me.  Now I don't live in the apartment complex so I just waved him off.  (He probably assumed I lived in the apartment complex as it is the only residential complex in that block and actually for a couple blocks more.)  Yes, maybe what he did broke the rules of the complex, but it was an act of kindness.



No comments: