Sunday, May 6, 2012

One Tribe Nation and Snarky Puppy at The Mint

I got an e-mail from a friend. His band, One Tribe Nation, was playing at The Mint. First, I'd never seen his band. Second, as strange as this might sound, I'd never been to The Mint.

One Tribe Nation hit the stage for about 45 minutes. A funk/rock band that kept driving us at high speeds until the end (well, technically, they gave us a breath and slowed it down for their final song).

Snarky Puppy is a fusion jazz band from New York. Now I personally had never heard of Snarky Puppy, but I was in the distinct minority. The place was packed. And the music had everyone mesmerized (that includes me). They played for close to 1 1/2 hours. It didn't feel like it. Towards the back half of their set, they pulled out three Los Angeles musicians from the audience to play with them on selects songs: a New York/Los Angeles family affair.

One Tribe Nation


Snarky Puppy

No comments: