Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Shakers, Willa Ford, AutoMatique and Badwater at The Viper Room

The Shakers, I love The Shakers. Anyways, before The Shakers hit the stage, I had to drive out to the Sunset Strip and The Viper Room. It isn't that I don't like the Sunset Strip. It is the fact that it is so far from Glendale. I'm getting old. If I lived in West Hollywood, I'd probably find my way to the Sunset Strip more often. Whenever I'm on the Sunset Strip, I always get this buzz from it.

I got to the Viper Room and found that I wasn't on the guest list. I had to get some help getting my camera inside. Once I got inside the Viper Room, I got to catch about half of Willa Ford's set. She was once a contestant on Dancing with the Stars. I wished I'd caught her whole set. She has a wonderful voice as well as a pleasant personality.

Next up was AutoMatique. They're a former Kiss or Kill band. They just blew me away with their thirty minute set.

The main act, The Shakers, hit the stage at 11-ish.  First two songs were all about Jodie.  It was like, "Wow, where did that come from."  Cameras were out.  Photos were being taken.  Amazing.  And it was one crowded, packed night.  I was basically stuck in one location, taking photos.  And when their set ended, I still couldn't move for awhile.  I swear I was stuck for about five minutes as fans filed out the door. If the Fire Marshall dropped by, I wonder if there would have been capacity problems.

Final band of the night was Badwater.  See photo below.  Hair was in.  A nice end to the night.

My comparison between women of the Sunset Strip versus women from the Silverlake scene.

Sunset Strip conversation

Woman:  I'm mad at you.  You didn't take photos that I would have taken.

Silverlake conversation

Woman:  So do you take photos for a website or the band?

I got to say, I'm a bit bias towards the Silverlake-type conversations.

Willa Ford



AutoMatique



The Shakers



Badwater

No comments: