Saturday, November 26, 2011

Duke Basketball vs. Kansas: 68-61

My first Duke basketball game of the year.  Yep, I forget to DVR the Michigan State game.  For this game, I was looking forward to catching Austin Rivers, Seth Curry and Andre Dawkins.  Instead I got see see Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee controlling the game and Tyler Thorton hinting a miracle shot.

First thought during the game:  our guards can't get anything against Kansas.  Kansas played some tough defense.  Second thought during the game:  I really wish we had a post player.  Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee might not be Brian Zoubek types players, but they definitely kept Duke in the game.  Third thought during the game:  This is looking like a tough, close game.

Anyways, good, tense game.  Teams are still finding themselves so who knows if this victory is an indication that we'll go far in March Madness.  But we've played some tough teams so far (Ohio St is coming up) and haven't lost yet, which shows something good.

I still wish Coach K would play eight (Quinn Cook playing 1 minute doesn't count).

No comments: