Thursday, September 29, 2011

Summer 2011 Movies: my rankings

Here's my ranking of the Summer 2011 movies I saw:

Awesome

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
2. Bridesmaids

So Good I Want to Say Awesome, But I'd Have Too Many Awesome

3. Midnight in Paris
4. The Help
5. X-Men:  First Class
6. Crazy Stupid Love

Good


7. Horrible Bosses
8. Super 8
9. Fright Night
10. Cowboys and Aliens
11. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
12. The Debt
13. Thor
14. Friends with Benefits
15. Our Idiot Brother

Okay

16. Green Lantern
17. Hangover 2
18. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Awful

19. Captain America:  The First Avenger
20. Tree of Life
21. Transformers:  Dark of the Moon

I saw about the same number of movies this summer as last summer.  Taking a look at my rankings from last year, I had more movies that I ranked in my top 2 categories.  On the other hand, I had 6 movies versus 3 movies that I ranked as "Awful" -- last year I named this category "Oh mercy."  So that means this year has way more movies that were worth watching, but not fantastic.  So which summer was better 2011 or 2010?  I'll go with 2011.

No comments: