Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Show 9 and Raw Geronomi at The Standard

It was off to The Series 9 to support a friend in his poetry round and to randomly catch Raw Geronimo at The Standard - Downtown.  Now normally I'd have photos of something like this, but I was denied access with my camera.  I was told that SLRs weren't allowed in The Standard, which I found very strange a few hours later when I noticed well over 5 folks with their SLRs, taking photos of Raw Geronimo.  Oh well.  Anyways, it was a rather unique poetry reading.  There were four poets, reading either a full poem or just single lines of a poem.  It made for some funny moments when a poem was stopped just when you expected something interesting to happen.  Most interesting poems:  reading a Fresh and Easy receipt as poetry and reading of what appeared to be a news report on a Lindsay Lohan court appearance.  A grocery receipt and news report as poetry -- that's unique.

From there it was up to the roof to hang with folks who generally are much more stylish than yours truly.  Raw Geronimo hit the stage for a quick 4 song set.  Too short to get a real feel of this band though the lead singer does let it all hang out.  And can you believe this, the female percussionist I've discussed in posts about  Venus Illuminato and Amanda Jo Williams was playing with Raw Geronimo.  I am not a stalker.  

No comments: