Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wormstew, Gentlemen Prefer Blood, Underwater City People, King Cheetah and Icky's Ego at Mr. T's Bowl

So it was off to Mr. T's to catch a series of bands: Wormstew, Gentlemen Prefer Blood, Underwater City People, The King Cheetah and Icky's Ego. Five bands in one night, now that 's a lot of bands.

Wormstew. He started out his set with a G chord and ended it on a G chord. He also played a cover of a Chissum Worthington (same person, just a Sybil thing going on there) song. He said it would be his only cover of the night, but I do believe there was a cover of a Pu$y Cow song -- or maybe Pu$y Cow is always doing a cover of Wormstew.

Gentlemen Prefer Blood was a new band for me. Highlight, watching one of the band members moving around so much that he unplugged himself from the floor peddle twice. And his feet got so tangled with the chord at one point that I felt for sure he'd just topple over.

Underwater City People was the main reason I showed up at Mr. T's. I don't get to see them much anymore. It is great just getting to hear them play my favorites. And I just wonder when their record is coming out, because I'm owed a copy.

King Cheetah was up next. They're a two piece band that just gives it their all every time I've seen them. It is always interesting watching the drummer tuning up his drums during the set of another band. I always consider it a sign of wanting to give the audience the best.

The final band of the night was Icky's Ego. Another first time listen for me. Take a look at the photos. I say sunglasses. From what I understand, they mostly play on the west side. Love their style.

Wormstew


Gentlemen Prefer Blood




Underwater City People



The King Cheetah



Icky's Ego






No comments: