Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Mo-odds, Madison Bloodbath, The Slow Death at Blue Star

It was off to Blue Star Café to catch some bands. I ended up getting lost. I was day dreaming as I was driving down the 5 freeway. Instead of taking the 10 West, I ended up taking the 10 East. Oops. I learned rather quickly enough that I had no clue how to get to Blue Star from where I was. In fact, I believe I nearly got a traffic ticket from a cop as I was going here and there. Finally, I just got back on the freeway and did this strange loop around Los Angeles.

All this led me to missing the first band of the night, which I heard was good.

The next band up was The Mo-odds. Here’s the interesting story about their set. I was standing in front of the stage. Someone was playing around with my pants. I was like, “Man, who’s doing that?” I looked around, no one was around me. Who was it? It was Jonah, kicking at the bass drum. The air was forced out and shooting right for my pants.

Madison Bloodbath was up next. Comment of the night, “Maybe I should come down among the peasants.”

The final band of the night was The Slow Death. They were on tour and were stopping by in Los Angeles. Second comment of the night, “I hope this isn’t like Riverside and we end up playing during a fist fight.”

It was a fun night though also a chilly night out at the Blue Star.

The Mo-odds







Madison Bloodbath





The Slow Death





No comments: