Saturday, April 24, 2010

Los Angeles Times Festival of Books: Alicia Silverstone

It was a long day at the LA Times Festival of Books. I also had a 6 p.m. birthday party to attend. But as the day ended at the Festival, I decided I just had to stick around for Alicia Silverstone. She was at the Cooking Stage to talk about her book called 'The Kind Diet'.

It was an interesting talk about how shifting to a vegan diet improved her health. One note she made was that if someone just wanted to make a small shift towards a more healthy diet, they should shift to Earth Balance as a substitute for butter. One of my friends would be so happy to hear that. Well, due to that comment, I decided to buy Alicia Silverstone's book. Alicia signed the book and my friend will be getting the book come her birthday. She also told a little story about how her husband was reading about Gwyneth Paltrow's microbiotic diet and came to her all excited about this and Alicia's response was essentially, "Why are you listening to Gwyneth Paltrow and not me?" Of course, this is sort of typical of us all, isn't it? We often tend to trust others more than we trust our own friends, lovers.

And hey, in the end, it was rather cool seeing the lead actress from 'Clueless'. I heard one guy say, "I've been in love with Alicia Silverstone since the '80s." I think he meant the '90s, but I totally agree with the sentiment.





No comments: