Monday, April 13, 2009

Dream: You want me to take a test for a job!!!

Usually, don’t people have dreams where they’re screaming at their boss? Well, I had a dream recently, which had an unusual twist. I was at an interview. Things appeared to be going okay until the potential employer put a test in front of me. “This is a take home test. Please take it home and return it to us.” It was probably 5-10 pages long. Who knows when you’re dreaming. It had a number of case studies that I had to analyze. I replied, “Are you kidding?” Then I really blew up and said, “I make $xxx amount of money a year and you want me to take a stupid test for this job!!!!” The potential employer then responded, “Hmm, we never asked how much you were asking for. This job pays between $xxx and $xxx.” This between $xxx and $xxx was in the range that I stated as my current salary. So I responded, “You want me to take this test for a job that doesn’t pay anymore than I currently make.” And with that I charged out of the interviewer’s office.

It sort of reminded me of that last episode of Battlestar Galactica where Admiral Adama gets irritated that he’s being given a lie detector test for a civilian job. Interested dream.

No comments: