Sunday, April 5, 2009

Movie Review: I Love You, Man

I Love You, Man. I enjoyed this movie, but I suspect I’ll forget about it shortly. I say go ahead and see it because it’ll make you laugh even though I doubt you’ll remember it two years from now. What did I love about this movie: I loved the side characters, like those played by Jamie Pressly and Jon Favreau. What did I not like about this movie: I didn’t like how Paul Rudd’s character Peter Klaven was portrayed. He seemed totally unable to communicate with males. It was similar to how a shy person deals with a person they find attractive. There were these very awkward moments of silence that I know were meant to be, but just drove me crazy. He also had this uncomfortable goofball personality that drove me crazy at times. It was like watching a teenager in a 30-something body. The problem with this is that he was actually a successful individual with a house that most of us would love to have.

No comments: