Sunday, April 16, 2017

Barb Wire Dolls with earthsleep, Turbulent Hearts and Svetlanas at Whisky a Go Go

It was off to Whisky a Go Go to catch Barb Wire Dolls along with earthsleepTurbulent Hearts and Svetlanas. The first band up for me was earthsleep. It was my first time seeing this band, but I was well aware of them. Occasionally, the lead singer of earthsleep will like one of my Instagram photos. What I heard: the lead singer has the perfect feminine vocals to crosscheck her male band counterparts' musical muscle. Next up was Turbulent Hearts, a band that hits the peddle and doesn't let up. The headliner, Barb Wire Dolls came up third. I swear this band gets better and better. There wasn't a dull song in their set. The band also works so well together, like the proverbial well oiled machine. I was going to take off after Barb Wire Dolls, but it was suggested that I check out Svetlanas for a song or two. She'll give you that bug eye. Intense.

I got to talk to a photographer that I always see at the Whisky a Go Go. I found out he was approaching 2 million photos. Crazy. The camera has was currently using was approaching 1 million. No way. It was a great conversation learning about how another photographer approaches life.

Whisky a Go Go April

No comments: